Sunday, October 23, 2011

Only Built for Cuban Linx




So my hubby took me out to a Cuban restaurant-- A Piece ofHavana. When we walked in we were both amazed at the small sized dining area. We were even more amazed at the long tables they had placed on the floor that practically took up the whole walking area. As we sat down we perused the menus trying to decide what we would eat. There was a lot of interesting sounding food. This was my first time in a Cuban restaurant.


 I decided to have a Jupina (pineapple soda) that was sooooo good!!! For our appetizer we had crispy fried Plantain slices with a Mojo sauce. The plantains were good. I did not like the sauce very much, it was kind of spicy. 








For dinner I had the Havana Chicken which was grilled to perfection for twelve hours topped with onions. I had rice and plantains as my sides.







 My hubby had Stewed Shredded Beef with rice and black beans.





Overall, I would like to say that I am proud that we are willing to try various types of food but I did not like it. The rice for me was mushy with the various veggies inside of it. The chicken was good. The pricing and portion sizes were excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment