Saturday, July 23, 2011
EAR CANDY EXCLUSIVE
I remember telling my husband who is a true connoisseur of music about an up and coming artist I’d heard being advertised on a television commercial. She was new to the US but not new to music…AMY WINEHOUSE…truly had a sound unlike any other that I have heard during my lifetime. She patterned her style after many of the late greats who were prominently known during the Motown days.
Debuting in 2003 with the album FRANK, Amy was nominated for the Mercury Award. Three years later, in 2006, BACK TO BLACK was released securing five Grammy Awards. BACK TO BLACK was a cd that stayed on rotation heavily in my car. I loved it!!!
On her last album the song “Rehab” seemingly paralleled to her personal life as she has had well publicized difficulties with drugs and alcohol. It seems as though the battle with drugs and alcohol was not conquered and quite evident in a recent performance she had showing that she was unsteady and under the influence.
This is a sad day for music history as her sound and voice will definitely be missed. It is sad when ones art cannot shine through because of life difficulties. People if you need help PLEASE seek it out!!! Family members get the help your loved ones deserve so that they can get better!!!
I will surely have her cd on rotation for the next few weeks.
Saturday, July 9, 2011
I am enjoying my summer and the fact that I have more time to learn my hair. Here’s a quick pic of me headed out for the day. I twisted my hair the previous night and untwisted this particular morning- using my Shea Moisture products!!! Til Later……. Remain Royal
Peace & blessings to all of you out there. This is DJ Kingpin aka The Villain Of Vinyl and I'd like to thank The Queen's Pen for allowing Ear Candy to provide you with weekly insights into all things music. Music is synonymous with the heartbeat of the world. Originating as ideas and spreading globally like weather, music molds and shapes all who come in contact with it and even how this world spins. Gospel, Classical, Reggae, Blues, Jazz, Disco, Zydeco, Folk, Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, and even Rock music can all directly trace their beginnings to someone’s need to express themselves. Ear Candy aims to give you direction as you fill your already dynamic and forever growing music collection. Here are some great recent albums (artist & title) to add to that ever growing collection (in no particular order except # 1 and 2)…
1) Jill Scott- The Light Of The Sun
2) Raphael Saadiq- Stone Rollin’***getting much play as we speak!!!
3) Matthew Morrison- Matthew Morrison
4) Stevie Nicks- In Your Dreams
5) Travis Barker- Give The Drummer Some
6) Currensy- Weekend At Burnies
7) Tyler The Creator (of Odd Future)- Goblin
8) Lady Gaga- Born This Way
9) Death Cab for Cutie- Codes and Keys
10) Random Axe- Self Titled
11) The Lonely Island-Turtleneck & Chain
12) My Morning Jacket- Circuital
13) Big Sean- Finally Famous Over Everything
14) Tedeschi Trucks Band- Revelator
15) Ronnie Dunn- Ronnie Dunn
16) Jackie Evancho- Dream With Me
17) Paul McCartney- McCartney & McCartney II
18) Pete Rock & Smif and Wessun- Monumental
19) Christina Perri- Lovestrong
20) Black Label Society- Song remains not the same
21) Lloyd- The King Of Hearts
22) Booker T. Jones- The Road from
23) Danger Mouse & Daniel Luppi- Rome
24) Seether- Holding onto strings better left to fray
25) Ben Harper- Give til it’s gone
26) Foster the People- Torches
27) Stephen Marley- Revelation Part 1: The Roots of Life
28) Flogging Molly-Speed of Darkness
29) Arctic Monkeys- Suck it & see
30) Ledisi- Pieces of Me
Saturday, July 2, 2011
I wanted to take some time and share what I use as a co-wash on my hair. I love this product and it really gives me some curlies as it sits on my hair and while I am washing it!! I am sooo glad that I ran across this product. After my co-wash I am just going to dry my hair (with a t-shirt) and pick it out to air dry. I am not going to put any product on my hair tonight. I know that when I awake in the morning I will have flat, dry hair but I will spray some Shea Moisture Hold and Shine Hair Moisture Mist and pick it out. I will be product FREE tomorrow!!! Oh, and I am going to get a tape up. When I first cut my hair I was given a round tape and I did not like it once I changed my hairstyle so I am letting my edges in the front grow back.
|My FIRST style while being natural, notice my lack of hair along the edges???? (circular)|
|Co-Washing with Suave|
|After I have co-washed...see my curlies shining through??|
|What I use to Co-Wash (only 1.84 at your local Target)|
|Freshly t-shirt dried and picked!!! I am not sure why I have this reddish tint to my hair?!?!? I have always had brownish hair color naturally but this looks kind of red to me.....|
So, to all the Queens out there what do you use to co-wash OR wash your hair with? What products can you and your hair NOT live without???