Friday, August 19, 2011

It’s Been A Long Time…….


My title reminds me of the Eric B and Rakim song!!! Whew….the time has flown by so fast. Well, I am an educator and school started back this week. Prior to school starting I was prepping for my new school and new students. I must say so far I am enjoying it!!!! All smiles my way. With that being said I have NOT had a lot of time to focus on my hairL I twisted the first two days of school and it has been an afro since.  A few weeks ago I received some FREE samples of Ouidad in the mail. I was sooo excited. I received the Curl Quencher line: Moisturizing Shampoo, Moisturizing Conditioner and Climate Control line: Heat and Humidity Gel. The products claim:
Moisturizing Shampoo: Great for dehydrated curls, Curl Quencher Shampoo targets dryness with Vitamins A and E while the Pro-Vitamin B5 adds body and shine. Safe for color-treated, permed, and chemically straightened curls, its luxurious lather softens and protects parched hair while leaving it more manageable and easy to style. With its special formulation of chamomile, corn oil, vitamins and wheat amino acids, Curl Quencher leaves hair shiny and manageable.
Ingredients:  Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Panthenol (ProVitamin B5), Phytantriol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Cholecalciferol, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Wheat Amino Acids, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Methyl Gluceth-10, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance
Mousturizing Conditioner: A lightweight moisture treatment for curly hair inspired by skincare science. It creates a "moisture foundation" by infusing individual strands with conditioners vital to healthy hair and great looking curls! Prickly Pear Cactus Extract draws moisture from the air and seals it in for superior conditioning. Antioxidants Green Tea and Vitamin B5 protect hair and promote shine. And Arnica Extract, a healing agent, promotes long-lasting hydration and helps seal the cuticle layer to prevent frizz and encourage healthier hair and scalp.
Ingredients:  Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Polyquaternium-59, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Opuntia (Prickly Pear Cactus) Tuna Flower Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Butylene Glycol, PVP,Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.

Climate Control:  A “smart” gel, formulated with heat-activated wheat protein that breathes in humidity, protects the hair shaft and prevents hair from expanding. Its water-soluble formula of amino acids and vitamin A nourish and hydrate hair, leaving it soft, manageable and full of shine without any buildup. Even the most unruly curls are rendered calm, cool, and collected with style that will last and last. Also works as great protection against blow-dryer heat when a straight style is preferred.

Ingredients: Water, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) Leaf Extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Polyquaternium-28, Glycerin, PPG-26-Buteth-25, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PVP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance.


Well, as soon as I applied the shampoo I felt as though something was wrong. But I said to myself that I would give the products a try. As I was applying the conditioner to my hair I KNEW I needed to stop!!!! My hair felt rough and not soft at ALL. So needless to say, no Heat and Humidity Gel was applied. Afterwards, I remembered reading on a site that the first 3-4 ingredients were heavily prominent in the product and reading these ingredients there were a lot of -ates and cones present. Probably the reason of the not so great feeling I had!!I appreciate the FREE products but I doubt that I will be purchasing this. The products range from $15.00- 22.00 for an 8.5 ounce bottle.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment